[Update: We were contacted by a PR rep on behalf of the SimCity team to inform us the installation-related issues have been resolved.]
It’s been a long time coming for SimCity fans who just so happen to love their Apple products more than Windows machines as the game was just released after numerous delays. Considering how terribly the launch of the PC version of SimCity went, and with all of the delays, you would think the Mac version would be completely free of any bugs, right? That’s where you’re completely wrong as the game is reportedly riddled with bugs, even making it impossible for a number of users to even install the game on there Mac.
A number of vocal users took to the EA forums as well as Twitter shortly after the release of SimCity for Mac to try to get their issues resolved so they can enjoy their purchase. The issue doesn’t seem to be due to a lack of capable hardware as many users seem to have up-to-date computers, such as the newer Retina MacBooks as well as iMacs that were purchased just a few weeks ago.
Some of the issues people are coming across seem to be a number of things, such as the game not even being able to load, lag on Mac computers that have more-than capable hardware, and the game being unable to play in full-screen mode, thus kicking the player back to a small window without warning.
A Maxis spokesperson had the following to share in regards to news of issues players of SimCity for Mac seem to be having: “There are a small number of players who have encountered issues with SimCity for Mac. Our live team is working individually with our players to resolve their issues and get them into the game as quickly as possible.”
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-30: EA Origin Service To Go 100% Digital From April Onwards
- 2014-03-19: EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]
- 2013-09-20: SimCity: Cities Of Tomorrow Expansion Pack Releasing On November 12
- 2013-06-07: SimCity For Mac Delayed Until August
- 2013-04-24: SimCity 2.0 Patch Introduces New Bugs
- 2013-04-10: SimCity Headed To Mac On June 11; Will Be Free For PC Owners
- 2013-03-15: SimCity Developer Confirms Game Could Run Offline