Sonic will be back for what looks to be another great adventure on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in SEGA’s upcoming game, Sonic Lost World. The game was announced this past May with another trailer hinting at an October release date. During yesterday’s Nintendo Direct presentation, Nintendo announcing Sonic Lost World would be releasing on October 18 in Europe, while the U.S. will get the game on October 22.
Nintendo had some more news to share regarding Sonic Lost World aside from its release date, such as cross-platform play between the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U. In Sonic Lost World, you’ll be able to create radio-controlled gadgets than can be created and customized using the Nintendo 3DS, which can then be sent to the Wii U console to be used in the game’s co-op multiplayer mode. The purpose of the co-op mode is to use these gadgets in order to destroy enemies and collect items. This, of course, is in addition to the traditional Sonic gameplay that players can expect, although Sonic Lost World looks to play a bit more like a Super Mario Galaxy title. Either way, we can’t wait to get our hands on the game when it releases in October.
- 2014-03-24: Dark And Edgy Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-03-17: Early Sonic Boom Character Designs Were "Traumatic" For The Sonic Team
- 2013-09-23: Sonic Lost World Trailer Revealed
- 2013-08-23: Sonic Lost World Deadly Six Edition Receives Nights-Inspired DLC
- 2013-08-08: Sonic Lost World Headed To Wii U, 3DS On October 22
- 2013-05-28: Sonic Lost World Trailer Debuts
- 2013-05-16: Sega Debuts Sonic The Hedgehog On Android