We last heard that Sony could be announcing a full-frame NEX camera in September, and while the specs of the device are still somewhat of a mystery at this point in time (save for the rumored sensor image stabilization technology), one of the rumors is claiming that the device will be similar to the NEX-7, albeit slightly bigger. How much bigger, you say? Well according to the sources of Sony Alpha Rumors, they claim that the full-frame NEX camera is about 15% bigger than the NEX-7, and will weigh 20% more.
Their sources also went on to “confirm” the 24th of September announcement, as well as revealing that it is possible that the device will be up for sale towards the end of October, which seems to coincide with earlier rumors that the NEX-7’s successor could be available in October, although we’re not sure if the full-frame NEX can be considered the NEX-7’s successor or if it will be in a new lineup of its own. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but hopefully we won’t have to wait too long before we get more concrete details.
Next Story: iOS 7 UI Shown To Be More Favored In Polls
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark