It was just yesterday when we reported Microsoft was planning on making some “unique” announcements regarding its upcoming Xbox One. It looks like Microsoft won’t be having all of the fun during the show as Sony has announced they will also be holding their own press conference at Gamescom this year on August 20.
Sony’s press conference is expected to reveal news regarding both announced and unannounced titles, with many speculating the company would announce the official release date of its PlayStation 4 during the event. For those who won’t be attending Gamescom, Sony will be live streaming the press conference at 6:00 p.m. BST, 7:00 p.m. CET and 3:00 a.m. AEST.
Once the press conference concludes, Sony will be holding a panel where they will discuss the role of narrative and storytelling in games, which will be hosted by Dan Maher. The panel will also be live streamed for fans, who can submit questions during it to the @PlayStationEU Twitter account while using the #PlayStationGC hashtag.
Those in attendance will be able to get hands-on time with a number of upcoming PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita titles, so if you just happen to be in the area and can sneak your way in, it would soooo be worth it.
Next Story: Plants vs. Zombies 2 Now Available On iOS
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-10-16: PS4 Digital Games Now Available For Pre-Order From Your PS3
- 2013-09-09: Sony Publishes Promotional Video Highlighting New PS Vita, PlayStation Vita TV
- 2013-07-26: Sony Compares PS4 With Launch PS3 To Show How Slim It Really Is [Video]
- 2013-05-16: Gran Turismo 6 For The PS4 Is A Possibility