It seems the closer we get to the IFA consumer electronics show, the more rampant rumors become concerning upcoming products. Earlier this morning, Bloomberg reported Samsung plans on unveiling its Galaxy Gear smartwatch on September 4 prior to the official start of IFA, and now, they’re reporting Sony plans on unveiling its flagship Xperia smartphone on the same day. I smell a fight!
The Xperia flagship device looks to be none other than its Honami, which has been the device’s internal codename. We’ve heard a lot concerning the Honami over the past couple of weeks as it’s expected to shoot 4K video, will have a 20MP camera and will have some impressive internals, if you believe its rumored set of specs.
Bloomberg is citing two sources which they say are familiar with the matter, and, as you would expect, which to remain anonymous due to the details not being fully disclosed. If it turns out to be true, early September is going to be an interesting time with the unveiling of Honami, the Galaxy Gear and the rumored unveiling of the iPhone 5S. We just hope you’re ready for all of that since we’re sure it’s going to be a lot to take in.RELATED
- Some Galaxy S5 Models Rumored To Come With LDS Antenna Technology
- Samsung SM-G900F Shows Up In Shipping Manifest
- Samsung Galaxy F Series Is In The Works: Eldar Murtazin
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Samsung Expected To Unveil Up To 5 Devices In Q1 2014 [Rumor]
- Follow: honami, Sony, xperia,
- Seen at: bloomberg