A little over a week ago we reported about an ad spotted over at Target which hinted at the possibility of Sony slashing PS Vita price. The ad showed off a $199.99 price tag for the Vita as opposed to its $249.99 price. The price cut has now been confirmed. At the Gamescom conference in Cologne, Germany, Sony formally announced that PlayStation Vita portable gaming console will now sell for $199.
The price cut is already live in the U.S. Retailers such as Amazon and Best Buy are now selling the PS Vita for $199.99. The price cut comes at a time when Sony is rumored to be working on a redesigned Vita. A recent report suggests that Sony might unveil a new Vita in September, presumably during the Tokyo Games Show. It is expected to have a new design, a 6.3 inch display which is said to retain the current 960×554 pixel resolution. RAM is also expected to be increased from 512MB to 1GB. The design of the new Vita is said to be similar to PS4. There has been no confirmation from Sony regarding a new Vita, so its best to take this information with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, if you had been holding out on purchasing Sony’s portable gaming console, now is the perfect time.
Next Story: CloudBeat 2013, San Francisco Sept. 9-10
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-03-24: PS Vita System Software Update Version 3.10 Released
- 2014-03-18: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2014-02-10: Sony PS Vita Model Confirmed For US Release