There is nothing quite like a software update to make sure that your app remains up to date, and is able to keep up with the Joneses, or for the more pioneering updates, it would set the pace for the rest of the following pack. Well, the Walkman name under Sony’s banner might be very different from the hardware that we have seen in the 1980s and early 1990s – that is, portable cassette tape players, as it now arrives in software format, being a Walkman app and all. Sony has just announced that they will begin to introduce updates to its Walkman, Album and Movies media apps, and the main change would be that each of the apps will now boast of enhanced integration with the rest of your media which is stashed away in the cloud.
Take for instance, the Walkman app will now enable users to perform a search on both locally stored and cloud-based content via Music Unlimited. Other than that, Movies take a similar route too, where it is also on the receiving end of a minor facelift alongside a tweaked interface, having been synchronized to Video Unlimited so that one can make the content on their Sony devices to be more accessible. Last but not least, the Album app too has been upgraded, letting one enjoy intelligent recall playback and a new favorites feature among others. It is available via the Update Center in an Over The Air download, and will also be introduced in stages for owners of Xperia devices that have Android Jelly Bean 4.2 or higher running. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-04-23 Ratchet & Clank Movie Headed To Theaters In 2015
- 2012-07-18 Sony announces thinnest Walkman to date
- 2012-04-09 Sony Japan celebrates Walt Disney’s 110th birthday with new Walkman
- 2011-12-13 Sony Z-1000 Walkman hits the FCC
- 2011-09-07 Sony Meb Keflezighi NWZ-W262 Walkman MP3 player for runners