It was rumored last week that Sony would release a “mini” version of its hotly anticipated Xperia Z1 a.k.a Honami smartphone. Sony is yet to officially announce the Xperia Z1, so its likely that an official announcement of the Honami Mini will take quite some time. The company is expected to unveil Xperia Z1 Honami at an event it has scheduled for September 4th. The first alleged photo of the Honami Mini has leaked, it is pictured alongside a BlackBerry Q10. There’s no way to confirm that the device in this picture is indeed what it is said to be, so take all this with a grain of salt.
Mini versions of flagship smartphones don’t have the same internal specifications as their big siblings. They’re toned down to bring the cost down. The Honami Mini is said to be a little different. Apparently it will have the same Snapdragon 800 quadcore processor, 2GB ram and 20 megapixel rear camera as its big sibling. Only the display and battery are going to be toned toned, as per rumors. This blurry photo was posted over at XDA Developers forum. There are people who believe the device looks like Sony Xperia Z, but if you take in account dimensions of both the Q10 and Xperia Z, the latter is actually wider and taller than the BlackBerry. So this image is either doctored, or what we see here is perhaps the Sony Xperia Z1 Mini.
Next Story: Moto X Developer Edition Revealed
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment