It was rumored last month that Sprint will finally launch the QWERTY keyboard touting BlackBerry Q10 on August 30th. Sprint had decided not to carry the BlackBerry Z10, which was the first device to come with BB10 OS. Instead, the carrier was rumored to carry the Q10. The rumor about its release date has turned out to be true. Sprint announced today that it will release the Q10 on August 30th. The smartphone will be available for $199.99 coupled with a two year contract from Sprint.
In the first week of August we spotted a BlackBerry Q10 touting Sprint branding. The image suggested that this device was likely to be launched soon. Back then it was rumored that Sprint was putting the Q10 through its paces, and that it would go through with the release once all tests had been run. This is the first BlackBerry 10 device to be released on Sprint, the carrier isn’t carrying the Z10. There’s no confirmation as yet if Sprint will end up carrying the Z30, BlackBerry’s first ever phablet which is expected to be released in the near future. If you’re skeptical about buying this smartphone, do stop by our BlackBerry Q10 review to get a solid idea of what this smartphone is capable of.
Next Story: LG G Pad Video Teaser Spotted
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-22 Sprint Working To Make Their Phones SIM Unlockable In 2015
- 2014-04-17 Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14 Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13 Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2013-08-30 BlackBerry Q10 Now Available From Sprint
- 2013-08-08 BlackBerry Q10 With Sprint Branding Spotted
- 2013-07-23 BlackBerry Q10 To Arrive On Sprint This August 30th (Rumor)
- 2013-05-14 BlackBerry Q10 Available On Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile This Summer
- 2013-03-04 Sprint Will Only Offer Blackberry Q10, No Plans For Z10