I would not be too far off the mark to say that Stuart Gunn is the real world daredevil – he might not have Matt Murdock’s legal qualifications as well as enhanced senses, but this does not mean he lacks any cojones. No sir, Stuart Gunn is a sightless daredevil who has just achieved a new world record, hitting the 167mph mark on his motorcycle. Perhaps it is his inability to see just where he is headed to that enables him to achieve such insane speeds on two wheels. Of course, Gunn does not go at it alone, as his father, Geoff, happens to ride alongside him, relying on an intercom system to inform him on whether he needs to engage the brake, or to correct his direction if he is drifting off course.
Gunn shared, “I hope this proves to people that just because you are blind or have a disability, doesn’t mean it should change or limit your life. I have ridden for years with my dad and so it worked really well.” The previous world record stood at 164mph, so this is definitely quite the achievement that deserves to be celebrated, don’t you think so?
Next Story: Hizamakura Lap Pillow Is Absolutely Weird
- 2014-04-18: Hybrid Motorcycles To Serve The Army Soon
- 2013-10-17: This Motorcycle Helmet Features A Rearview Camera, Turn-By-Turn Directions
- 2013-08-19: Stuart Gunn Is World’s Fastest Blind And Disabled Biker With 167.1mph Record
- 2013-05-16: German Mechanic Builds Motorcycle With Airplane Engine
- 2013-02-21: Five-O Takes The Electric Motorcycle Route
- 2013-02-18: Man Sets Q*bert World Record For Hours Played And Highest Score
- 2012-02-01: Facebook post has over a million comments, earns world record
- 2012-02-01: Man vs. Machine is world's largest online FPS with 999 players
- 2011-12-20: Man tattoos more than 10,000 URLs on body