We have seen many times in the past how Nokia’s Lumia 520, despite being a low-end device, proved to be one of the company’s best products and has topped carrier charts, and even allowed the Windows Phone market share to gain and catch up to their competitors in certain markets. Turns out that the Nokia Lumia 520 is so popular that according to a recent report from Forbes, they have found that the handset proved itself to be a pretty effective device against cheaper competitors from tech giants such as Samsung, and other Chinese manufacturers as well.
According to the report, they found that the Lumia 520 managed to hold its own against the Samsung S Duos, and speaking to carriers such as T-Mobile and AT&T have revealed that the phone is considered to be a hit in the contract-free category. The report goes on to note that while Nokia might be able to generate volume, they might not necessarily be making money and that could be the Finnish company’s strategy, which is to gain market share and trust amongst its partners, even if it means staying in the red for a period of time. We would have thought Nokia’s higher-end products would have helped the company achieve success, but it looks like a case of the little engine that could, or the Lumia 520 that could, if you’d rather.
Next Story: Verizon HTC One Signup Page Now Live
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-07 Microsoft Reveals Why Their Low-End Devices Do So Well
- 2014-02-25 Lumia 520 Crowned "Best Low Cost Smartphone" At 2014 GMA Awards
- 2014-02-23 Windows Phone 8.1 Running On The Lumia 520 [Video]
- 2014-02-20 Lumia 520 Still Dominating Windows Phone In 2014
- 2013-11-26 Nokia Lumia 520 Continues To Dominate The Windows Phone Market