If WiFi calling is a feature that you’ve been dying to get on your BlackBerry 10 device, it seems that there are a smattering of reports that T-Mobile has been quietly rolling out a 2MB update that will enable the feature on BlackBerry 10 phones. At the moment it seems that only the BlackBerry Q10 is eligible for the update and we’re not sure why it isn’t being pushed out to the BlackBerry Z10. However according to the reports, it seems that shortly after the update went out, it kind of stopped for a while, so perhaps the update was either not ready for prime time just yet, or if T-Mobile was merely doing a soft launch and waiting to hear back regarding any possible bugs before they push it out to the masses.
If you have yet to receive the update, we guess it won’t hurt if you hit up your phone’s settings to manually check to see if there are any updates to be had, but if not we guess at least for the time being, T-Mobile has paused the updates. Any of our readers out there receive the alleged update? Let us know in the comments below!
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-03: T-Mobile Offering $100 Credit To BlackBerry Customers
- 2014-04-03: BlackBerry Offers T-Mobile Customers $100 Off BlackBerry Handsets
- 2014-04-01: BlackBerry And T-Mobile Part Ways In U.S. Licensing Agreement
- 2014-03-05: 94% Of T-Mobile's BlackBerry Trade-Ins Were For Another OS