Nintendo Wii U owners were most likely aware The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD was set to be released this October, but an official release date was never announced by Nintendo. That all changes today as the publisher has just announced the title will be made available in North America on October 4.
The announcement came in the form of a mention in a press release promoting the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess concert, which will be making its way to Seattle in time for PAX Prime. Nintendo had previously confirmed the game would be making its way to Europe on October 4, and will be seeing a release in Japan on September 26, but a confirmation of the game’s U.S. release date was yet to be confirmed.
We’re sure many of you still aren’t too pleased the first Zelda game to hit the Wii U is a remake of a game that was released 10 years ago, but we can’t think of a better way to not only allow old-school gamers appreciate the game in its HD glory, but to also allow a new breed of gamer to enjoy the game. It’s definitely a win / win situation, and best of all, it should prepare you for the upcoming Wii U Zelda game.
Next Story: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi Runs Out Of Stock
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-02-04: Wii U Will Not Be Able To Replicate Wii's Success, Admits Nintendo
- 2013-10-01: Wii U Updated To Allow Off-Screen Play For Wii Games
- 2013-09-19: 'Wii Sports Club' Brings Classic Wii Sports Games To The Wii U
- 2013-09-11: The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wasn't The Only Zelda Game Nintendo Considered For HD Remake
- 2013-09-06: Nintendo Drops Price Of Super Mario Galaxy 2 And Other Popular Wii Games