Nintendo Wii U owners were most likely aware The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD was set to be released this October, but an official release date was never announced by Nintendo. That all changes today as the publisher has just announced the title will be made available in North America on October 4.
The announcement came in the form of a mention in a press release promoting the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess concert, which will be making its way to Seattle in time for PAX Prime. Nintendo had previously confirmed the game would be making its way to Europe on October 4, and will be seeing a release in Japan on September 26, but a confirmation of the game’s U.S. release date was yet to be confirmed.
We’re sure many of you still aren’t too pleased the first Zelda game to hit the Wii U is a remake of a game that was released 10 years ago, but we can’t think of a better way to not only allow old-school gamers appreciate the game in its HD glory, but to also allow a new breed of gamer to enjoy the game. It’s definitely a win / win situation, and best of all, it should prepare you for the upcoming Wii U Zelda game.RELATED
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Digital Storm Teases Steam Machine For CES 2014
- EA Faces Potential Lawsuit Over Battlefield 4
- Steam Machines Shipping To 300 Beta Testers On December 13
- Fallout 4 Could Be In The Works, According To Leaked Casting Call Documents
- Follow: nintendo, wii, wii u,
- Seen at: polygon