Earlier this year it was revealed that the Nintendo Wii U console would be getting a Zelda title in the form of a remake of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. Now it seems that not only will the title be making its way onto the Wii U console in October as previously scheduled, but it could also be bundled along with the Wii U as part of a new bundle. This is thanks to a source from Target who revealed that there could be a new Wii U bundle in the works that would come with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. According to that particular source (via Destructoid), this bundle was sighted in the retailer’s internal tracking system where it was found that the bundle could cost $349.99 which is the same price as the 32GB model currently being offered.
No word on when this bundle will be released, but if The Wind Waker HD title is scheduled for a release in October, there is a good chance that the bundle will be announced then as well, if not at a slightly later date. When Nintendo was asked to comment on the new bundle, a spokesperson was quoted as saying, “Nintendo does not comment on rumors and speculation,” which in all honesty is not a surprising answer to begin with. So, anyone planning on picking up this Zelda Wii U bundle?
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke