Last month Samsung announced that it will be organizing its first ever developers’ conference later this year. This is the Korean giant’s first foray into such a conference. Its rivals, Apple and Google, have already been organizing their own developers’ conference every year for quite some time now. They’ve used this platform for not only software related announcements, but for launching new hardware as well. As per a new report, Samsung will launch its homegrown Tizen OS at the conference, which takes place on October 27th and lasts till October 29th at the Westin St. Francis Hotel in Union Square, San Francisco, California.
Tizen Indonesia reports that not only will Tizen be launched, it would actually be the focus of this conference. Samsung will reportedly conduct a number of sessions to help developers better understand its new platform and understand the company’s vision for it. Rumors are also circulating that Samsung might release its first Tizen powered smartphone in October, there exists a possibility that the launch might take place at this conference. Samsung recently said that it considers Tizen to be a simple alternative to Android. While the company isn’t expected to abruptly switch all of its mobile devices from Android to Tizen, the conference may serve as the perfect launchpad for its very own platform.RELATED
- T-Mobile iPhone Upfront Cost Now $0 For The Holiday Season
- Microsoft Reportedly Considering Waiving Windows Phone And Windows RT Licensing Fees
- Activists Target iPhone 5C Supplier Pegatron After 15-Year-Old Worker's Death
- Twitter Updates iOS, Android Apps To Send Photos Through Direct Messages
- Androidify App Revamped Ahead Of The Holidays
- Follow: Samsung, tizen,