The Samsung Galaxy S4 is Samsung’s latest flagship device, but this does not mean that it was released just last month. No sir, it has been around for some time already, and not only that, the folks at Samsung have taken the creative license to roll out a few versions of the device already, including a rugged model that they have creatively called the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Folks over in the US have been rocking to the model that runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor, while others in different markets would have enjoyed a Samsung Exynos 5210 octa-core processor running underneath the hood. Well, I guess those of us living in the US will soon be able to enjoy the octa-core version of the Galaxy S4, as Newegg has started to sell an unlocked Galaxy S4 which will play nice with AT&T bands for $620 a pop. Yes, not exactly the most affordable price tag at the moment, but it is still worth looking into if you have always wanted the freedom of a high end unlocked smartphone.
Do bear in mind that this particular model will not support LTE connectivity, but it should play nice with AT&T’s 3G network, in addition to T-Mobile’s network, although the latter would limit you to just EDGE/GPRS speeds. Any takers?
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy S4 Trade-Ins Are Higher Than Before