The HTC One has finally made its way to Verizon. This is a product launch that was rather anticipated by a number of Verizon customers who were ready to upgrade their handset. This is now done, and the HTC One should be available right now for $199 (new contract) in the Verizon channels.
HTC has confirmed that the handset would come with Android 4.2.2. That invalidates previous speculation that the HTC One would jump directly to Android 4.3 and bypassing 4.2.2 completely, while others rumors were much more accurate. This was obviously incorrect. The next thing to look for, is an eventual 4.3 HTC One update by the end of September.
On the other hand, the rumors about the Aug 22 Verizon launch were spot on, and the sign-up page went live on Aug 13 as scheduled. Any pre-orders should be arriving soon.
We expect the Verizon version to behave just like the other ones, with some minor differences in terms of pre-loaded applications. Network quality will mainly depends on where you live, so do your homework before switching for the next couple of years. If you are thinking of getting one, we recommend that you read our complete HTC One Review. The HTC One Google Edition may also be of interest.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2013-07-09: Verizon Bound HTC One Drops By The FCC
- 2013-07-01: Verizon HTC One Leaked Image Hints At September 5 Release
- 2013-06-03: Verizon HTC One Is Finally Confirmed
- 2013-05-28: Verizon HTC One Leak May Confirm It's Coming Soon
- 2013-05-15: Verizon HTC One Release Rumored