Motorola announced its hotly anticipated flagship smartphone, the Moto X, last week at an event in New York. Verizon is one of the major U.S. carriers that are going to be releasing this device. As per a leaked inventory screen, Verizon Wireless stores will receive inventory on August 15th. The stores will then begin selling the device on August 23rd. No confirmation has come in from Verizon as yet regarding this Moto X release date, so it can’t be said for sure when the carrier plans on releasing this device.
It is interesting to note that Moto X is expected to be released by Verizon merely three days after it releases the new Droid smartphones. Other U.S. carriers that will offer the Moto X have yet to reveal a release date. The smartphone will cost $199.99 with a two year contract. August will bring yet another premium Android device for Verizon customers, the carrier is expected to finally release HTC One on August 15th. It remains to be seen how it will perform on Verizon, given that it will immediately be up against the Droids and Moto X. [Image via AndroidCentral]
Next Story: LG G2 Compared With Galaxy S4 In Leaked Pictures
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off