We know you’re probably excited about the upcoming release of Microsoft’s Xbox One console judging by how hit or miss it is at this point to successfully pre-order the console through various retailers. Each day that passes is another day we’re all closer to the release of the Xbox One, and to help move the hype train along, Microsoft has gone through the “trouble” of unboxing the Day One Edition of its upcoming next-generation console.
Larry Hryb takes us through the unboxing experience, which the box itself is exclusive to those who ordered the Day One Edition of the Xbox One, and inside the box you’ll find a limited-edition controller as well as a “Day One Edition” digital achievement. The Xbox One Kinect is of course included with each console purchase and will support 1080p video and come with a four-microphone array and an IR blaster, which makes it possible to control all of your electronic devices.
Microsoft also unveiled some additional information as to the contents inside of the box, such as the Xbox One controller’s ability to switch to wired mode and its ability to work using only a microUSB cable without the need of a battery pack. An HDMI cable and headset will also be included in the Xbox One retail package, with the headset receiving improved audio quality and comfort.
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2014-02-19: Xbox One Media Remote Launching This Week [Rumor]
- 2013-12-13: Dead Rising 3 Demo Available Today; Details On First DLC Revealed
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-11: Xbox One Sells Over 2 Million Units In First 18 Days
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One Mod Makes It Possible To Play With PS4, 360, PS3 Controllers