Fable Anniversary is expected to be released on the Xbox 360 during the 2013 holiday season, but it looks like Lionhead Studios has more Fable goodness coming out in the future as the company has announced Fable Legends.
The announcement was made during Microsoft’s Xbox One event during this week’s Gamescom conference, where it was revealed the game would be completely exclusive to Microsoft’s upcoming console. Fable Legends will feature four-player co-op that can either be heroes or villains.
The heroes will feature four different character classes: the Hero of Strength, the Hero of Will, the Hero of Skill and one last unnamed hero. If players choose to play as villains, they’ll be able to have controls similar to a tower defense game where they can manipulate the environment as well as control spawn points. Villains will be able to use Microsoft’s SmartGlass app when they play.
The announcement trailer for Fable Legends doesn’t have any in-game footage, which leaves us to wonder just how exactly it will play. Considering the details of the game, we’re guessing it’ll be sort of a League of Legends / tower defense-type game. We guess we’ll just have to wait until later this year to learn more about Fable Legends.
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2014-02-19: Xbox One Media Remote Launching This Week [Rumor]
- 2013-12-13: Dead Rising 3 Demo Available Today; Details On First DLC Revealed
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-11: Xbox One Sells Over 2 Million Units In First 18 Days
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One Mod Makes It Possible To Play With PS4, 360, PS3 Controllers