According to a rumor we heard the other day, Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox One console was pegged for an 8th of November release, a good week ahead of Sony’s PlayStation 4. Unfortunately for those who were pretty psyched about the release date, it turns out that it might not be true after all. Microsoft has yet to come forward to deny this rumor, but apparently a source close to Microsoft has told the folks at Kotaku that the 8th of November release date is a no-go after all. Their source tells them that the console will be launched after the 8th of November, but no specific dates were mentioned.
The good news is that the console is still on track for a November release which is what Microsoft has been promising, although when exactly in November remains to be seen. Will Microsoft be able to beat Sony to the punch by releasing the console before the 15th of November? Or will Microsoft once again lag behind like they did with their announcement, and launch the Xbox One after Sony has launched their PlayStation 4? We guess we will have to wait and see.
Next Story: Moto X Allegedly Costs $221 To Build
- 2014-04-17: Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-04-06: Support For Xbox One External Game Storage Coming Soon