Remember how it was just yesterday that we brought you word of the YouTube app for Windows Phone making an appearance over at the Windows Phone Store? Well, it is not a happy ending at all, since the app (which now comes without any video downloads, voice and upload support while carrying pesky pre-roll ads) has experienced a fairly widespread outage tonight. Apparently, some folks have tested it out using Wi-Fi connectivity as well as hooking up to a cellular network, and both attempts were met with an error message that goes like this: “Something happened and we’re not sure what”, and nothing from YouTube would actually load – meaning the app is more or less useless.
In fact, there are users in the Windows Phone Central Forums as well as on reddit who did experience some form of intermittent outages, with these outages coming and going as they please in a random manner. Could it have something to do with the Outlook.com outage that we reported of earlier this morning? Or perhaps, after some digging around, there were speculations of it having something to do with a “revoked developer key” that invalidates the app. It could be due to Microsoft forgetting to update the key with the new app release, or Google having revoked it. Not only that, third party apps such as MyTube happen to be in the same boat, which means Google might possibly have a hand in this.
Next Story: Smart Glass Blocks Out Heat And Light Via Switch
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-22 Over 1 Million Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Installs Estimated
- 2014-04-18 WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17 Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16 Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2013-10-08 Microsoft Reverts Windows Phone YouTube App To Web Player
- 2013-08-19 YouTube Adding "nomobile" Flags For Windows Phone Users
- 2013-08-15 Microsoft Says Google Manufacturing Reasons To Block Its YouTube App
- 2013-08-15 Windows Phone YouTube App Blocked Once Again By Google
- 2013-08-13 YouTube App For Windows Phone Makes Its Way Back To The Store