It was just a few days ago when the Firefox OS handset from ZTE was released in the US for $80 a pop, and here we are with word that the device has sold out in its entirety – at least for the initial stock, over the weekend. Of course, this does not mean that there are millions of the devices already out there in the market since under 2,000 units were sold worldwide, but it is a start nonetheless. In fact, the rather unusual step of seeing this ZTE Firefox OS phone being made available as an exclusive device over eBay in the US did not deter prospective buyers, where all 985 handsets were sold out in the US, and 990 units moved in the UK.
Just to refresh our memories, the Firefox OS phone from ZTE is an unlocked device that comes with a 114mm x 62mm x 12.5mm chassis, where it will boast of a 3.5-inch HVGA (480 x 320 pixel) display, 256MB RAM, 512MB of internal memory, a 1,200mAh battery and a 3.2-megapixel camera at the back, accompanied by Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity with A-GPS support. The operating system of choice? Firefox OS, of course. Were you one of those who picked it up?
Next Story: EA Introduces Origin Great Game Guarantee
- 2014-04-17 Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14 ZTE Star 1 Box Spotted
- 2014-04-08 ZTE Apollo Could Be 64-Bit Android Smartphone
- 2014-03-28 ZTE Grand S II To Get 4GB RAM (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25 ZTE Nubia X6 Announced In China
- 2013-07-01 Firefox OS Has Arrived: “Final” Software Hands-On
- 2013-04-15 Firefox OS Releasing In Five Countries This Summer