Over the past few weeks we’ve seen a lot of alleged iPad 5 parts and components begin leaked on the internet. The purported rear casing of Apple’s next generation iPad has been seen multiple times, and the part itself is almost always been identical in all of those leaks. The latest one is no different. A video has been posted online in which a similar rear casing is compared with the iPad 4 and iPad mini.
The rear casing in this video is of the “Space Grey” color that Apple has debuted with the iPhone 5s. It is expected that the same color will be offered for iPad 5 as well. The comparison makes it evident that iPad 5 is going to be thinner than its predecessor, and the fact that it will also have slimmer bezels. This possibility has been rumored many times in the past as well. Apparently the design of iPad 5 is going to be a lot similar to that of the iPad mini, and this rear casing certainly does bear resemblance to that of its younger sibling. Still, nothing can be said for sure right now given the fact that these are, after all, leaks from unofficial sources. Apple is expected to unveil the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 on October 15th, only then we’ll know what the new tablets really look like.
- 2013-10-22: iPad Air Overview
- 2013-10-21: iPad 5 May Get A Keyboard Smart Cover Of Its Own [Rumor]
- 2013-10-14: Purported Gold iPad 5 And iPad 2 Mini Leaked
- 2013-10-14: iPad Mini With Retina Display Reportedly Bit Thicker Due To Bigger Battery
- 2013-10-14: Retina iPad Mini Won't Be Announced On October 22nd [Analyst]
- 2013-10-02: iPad 5 Purported Casing In Space Gray [Video]
- 2013-09-27: iPad 5 Purported Schematics Hint At Design And Dimensions
- 2013-08-29: iPad 5 Redesigned Purported Rear Housing Leaked
- 2013-08-28: New iPads Reportedly Not Launching On September 10th
- 2013-08-28: Allegedly Leaked iPad 5 Front Panel Reveals Slim Bezels