Thanks to various leaks and rumors, it has been revealed unofficially that Nokia is working on a phablet device of their own dubbed the Lumia 1520, or also known as the Bandit internally. We had previously seen a leaked photo that shows the alleged device alongside the Nokia Lumia 1020 with its 6” display dwarfing that of the Lumia 1020’s 4.5” display. Now thanks to a recent post by the ever reliable @evleaks, we might have our first screenshot of Windows Phone 8 running on the Lumia 1520.
Unfortunately the screenshot does not tell us much about the device, although we guess due to the phone’s larger display and higher resolution, the home screen will be able to accommodate more tiles which is a plus for those who felt that there was not enough space on current Windows Phone 8 devices.
No word on when Nokia is expected to launch the Lumia 1520 but apparently an end of September event is said to be held in New York where it has been speculated that the device will be unveiled then. In any case do take it with a grain of salt for now, but hopefully additional details about the alleged device will surface in the coming weeks.
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-07: Delta Airlines To Bring 20,000 Lumia 1520 Handsets To Their Flight Attendants
- 2014-03-31: Nokia Lumia 1520 Beats Out The Competition In Blind Camera Comparison
- 2014-03-18: Nokia Lumia 1520 Set To Receive Software Update
- 2014-03-09: Delta Air Lines Upgrading Nokias To Lumia 1520
- 2014-03-05: Lumia 1520 Beats Out Galaxy S5 For Gaming, According To Benchmarks