Back in 2011, Google acquired Motorola Mobility, and fast forward 2 years, Microsoft acquired Nokia’s cellphone division. Both are huge acquisitions and they are of some pretty established companies, but is it possible to think who got the “better” company? Well according to brand specialist, Kontera, they believes that Microsoft’s purchase of Nokia was a better one compared to Google’s purchase of Motorola.
This is not based on the opinion of an analyst as Kontera’s executive VP of marketing and action products, Ammiel Kamon, found that through the correlation of content that consumers viewed online, about 2 billion content items analyzed daily, it was found that consumers engaged more with Nokia compared to Motorola. “In a nutshell, Nokia is a significantly stronger global brand. It has tremendous recognition value, and that brand strength is a spark that can translate into sales and market share, given strong products and distribution channels.”
Kamon goes on to state that because awareness of Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform is lower than that of iOS and Android, the acquisition of Nokia is a “game changer” for their marketing strategy. Of course given that Microsoft plans to drop the Nokia brand from future handsets, we’re not sure how this will play out, but what do you guys think?
Next Story: Study Finds That Gaming Makes Our Brains Younger
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2012-06-21: Branded handset vendors reducing orders to component suppliers
- 2010-12-30: Apple, HTC, Nokia and other tech companies targeted in double-click patent lawsuit
- 2010-01-28: Nokia Q4 Earnings Are Looking Good
- 2010-02-07: Upcoming Phones For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2010-03-02: HTC HD2, Nuron, And Cliq XT Pricing Leaked