The Android 4.3 update was announced a few weeks ago. It is not a major platform update by any measure, that’s going to be the next update, which is called Android 4.4 KitKat. The first devices to receive this update were obviously Google’s Nexus branded smartphone and tablets. Other manufacturers are yet to roll out Android 4.3 for their devices. At its Unpacked event today Samsung made a number of product announcement. It unveiled the Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Note 3, which is actually the first smartphone to ship with Android 4.3, according to Samsung. The company provided a release timeframe of Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4, the update is slated to drop this October.
It is said that the Android 4.3 update will finally add the functionally required to make its new smartwatch, Galaxy Gear, work with its flagship Android smartphone. Still, despite having provided a timeframe, Samsung didn’t exactly say when the update will be rolled out next month. The release might end up taking additional time, seeing as how carriers will first put the update through its paces before it is released. Those who don’t have carrier locked versions will receive the update directly from Samsung, without any significant delays.
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected By End Of March
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2013-12-18: Verizon Galaxy S3 Gets Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-12-12: T-Mobile Galaxy S3 LTE Receives Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-12-01: Android 4.3 Stability Update Rolling Out Across The Globe For Galaxy S4
- 2013-11-24: Sprint Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Update Is Finally Out
- 2013-11-18: Samsung Is Investigating Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update Issues