We have heard in the past rumors that Apple could be looking to create a larger iPad tablet, despite how some reports are suggesting that the current form factor is considered to be more appealing, but then again Apple has never really followed convention so we guess it wouldn’t be a complete surprise. In any case according to a new report from the United Daily News, they are claiming that Apple is currently working with Quanta Computer on manufacturing the alleged larger iPad, claiming that the display Apple is working on could be a 12” one, despite the previous report which suggested a 12.9” display.
Apple, along with other tech companies, have been known to create prototype devices which never see the light of day, so it is possible that this alleged larger iPad could be one of them. The report claims that Apple and Quanta are currently in talks and are testing said product, so it could be a while before we actually see it materialize, if at all. It is unlikely that the alleged device will see a launch this year alongside the iPad mini 2 and fifth-gen iPad, so if we had to guess, 2014 would be a safe bet. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think of a larger iPad? Yay or nay?
Next Story: Alleged Windows Phone 8.1 Screenshot Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"