It was just a few days ago that Apple rolled out version 6.0 for its Apple TV where it introduced a couple of new features, such as iCloud Airplay and iTunes Radio, but unfortunately the update was not well-met by Apple TV users and there have since been many complaints by Apple TV users that their devices have been bricked due to several critical errors. This has resulted in Apple pulling the update to prevent more Apple TV users from running into the issue.
According to one user’s report on the forums, “Bricked after update. Finally found micro USB cord, hooked up to iTunes and said it was restored. Said to connect to the TV. Hit ok and the light instantly started flaunt again. Same graphic on TV screen to reconnect to iTunes. Went through this three times and no love.” Not all devices were bricked as some reported to have experienced WiFi connection issues, and other problems that required a full iTunes restore. Apple has yet to comment on the issue but we guess with them pulling the update, they have silently acknowledged it. No word on when the new update will be issued, but hopefully it will be soon. Any of our readers with Apple TV units experience any problems when updating to 6.0?
- 2014-04-10: 2014 Apple TV May Rely On Motion Control Technology
- 2014-04-08: New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings
- 2014-04-07: Amazon Fire TV Handles Android Mirroring Nicely
- 2014-04-02: Analyst Thinks Amazon's Fire TV Will Motivate Apple To Revamp The Apple TV
- 2014-03-28: Roku CEO Calls The Apple TV A "Money Loser" For Apple