Apple TV hasn’t been having the best week as its 6.0 update was first pulled for reportedly bricking devices, which the update was reissued shortly after it was pulled. Now that Apple TV 6.0 is out there for all of its users to update their set-top box with, users are finding out some nifty improvements to the Apple TV experience. One of them involves setting up your Apple TV by simply tapping your iOS 7 device to it. Welcome to the future!
The process of setting up your Apple TV with your iOS 7 device requires you to have a third-generation Apple TV, as well as an iOS device running iOS 7. If you have those two sitting in your living room, you’ll need to have Bluetooth activated on your iOS 7 device as well as have it connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Apple TV is connected to, which needs to be running Apple TV 6.0 or later.
Once you’ve tapped your iOS 7 device with your Apple TV, prompts will be presented on both the Apple TV as well as the iOS 7 device that will make the set up process much easier than attempting to set everything up using the set-top box’s included remote control.RELATED
- AT&T Digital Life home automation service to begin trials this summer
- Scanomat TopBrewer brews you a cup of coffee via your iPhone/iPad
- iRule turns your iOS device into a powerful touchscreen universal remote control
- iOS Device Combined With Logitech Alert Gives You A Home Security System
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Follow: apple tv, iOS, iOS 7,
- Seen at: support.apple