Now that Apple is done with the iPhone announcements, the rumor mill has become fixated on the next generation tablets. The company is expected to announce refreshed versions of both of its tablets later this year. According to a latest rumor, Apple might announce the new iPad as well as the much rumored iPad mini with Retina display on October 15th. Since there’s no official word as yet, we can’t really be sure. This particular rumor comes from a French blog with a track record that is mixed at best.
The new iPad is expected to come with design changes. As per various leaked components and parts, it will tout a design similar to the iPad mini. There has been much speculation about the possibility of iPad mini 2 coming with a Retina display. Some analysts believe that Apple won’t add the Retina display until next year, while others believe that we’ll definitely see a Retina iPad mini 2 this year. Recent rumors have also suggested that the company might release a low cost iPad mini with no Retina display in the first half of 2014. Apple has revealed absolutely nothing about its iPad plans as yet. The company is also expected to release refreshed MacBook Pro and iMac lineup as well as a revamped Apple TV this year.
- 2014-04-17: Refurbished Retina iPad Mini Now Available Online
- 2014-01-08: iPad Air And Retina iPad Mini Now Available From Staples Retail Stores
- 2013-12-08: Cellular Retina iPad Mini Supply Still Appears To Be Tight
- 2013-12-02: Holiday Shoppers Prefer Tablets As Retina iPad Mini Supply Eases Up
- 2013-10-22: Apple To Live Stream Today's Event
- 2013-10-21: WSJ Corroborates iPad Mini 2 With Retina Display Rumors
- 2013-10-20: Analyst Reaffirms Retina iPad Mini 2 Launch, But Will Not Come With Touch ID
- 2013-10-16: iPad Mini 2 Could Outsell Regular iPad 2:1
- 2013-10-14: Purported Gold iPad 5 And iPad 2 Mini Leaked
- 2013-08-28: New iPads Reportedly Not Launching On September 10th