Apple’s Touch ID sensor for the iPhone 5s was designed to be used with fingerprints, but it seems that it can also be used with other body parts as the folks at Japanese website, Rocket News, have found out when they attempted to lock and unlock the iPhone 5s using their nipples. One person locked and registered his nipple with the Touch ID, and successfully managed to unlock it by putting it against his chest. When another person attempted something similar with his phone, it did not work, proving that nipples can be one way to lock your iPhone 5s if fingerprints are a little too obvious.
They also experimented with Touch ID using their toes and it turned out to be a success as well, so for those who feel that fingers are a little too obvious and cliche, here are two additional body parts you can use! Of course we can’t tell if the video is just a prank or hoax since we don’t have the device to try it ourselves, but if any of our readers has an iPhone 5s that they’re willing to try it with, let us know in the comments below if the unorthodox lock/unlocking methods are a success for you as well! In the meantime you can check out the videos above and below to see it in action.
Next Story: 7-inch Tesco Hudl Tablet Announced For £119
- 2014-04-22 iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03 Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17 Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps