Archos, the French manufacturer of consumer electronic devices (mainly in the mobile arena), has been hard at work to deliver a second-generation GamePad tablet that will continue from where the 7” gaming tablet left off sometime late last year. This new tablet will be known as the Archos GamePad 2, where it has already made its way past the FCC, and apparently the Archos GamePad 2 has appeared as a product page over at the HKTDC website.
Over there, we do know that the listed specifications (which is not quite final until we see the same thing on the official website, mind you) will be roughly in the similar size as its predecessor, except that overall it is faster and more efficient. For instance, you get a quad-core 1.6GHz processor running underneath the hood, aided by a 7” IPS display at 1,280 x 800 resolution, accompanied by 2GB RAM, and a choice of 8GB or 16GB of built-in storage. Of course, just in case all of that is not enough, there is always the option to throw in a microSD memory card. Coming up with a piece of hardware is one thing, it is another to make sure that the software which accompanies it will be able to ensure the hardware does not go untouched in the months and years ahead.
- 2014-02-26: Archos CEO Accidentally Kills Phone During Demonstration
- 2014-02-20: Archos 50c Oxygen & 64 Xenon Smartphones Announced
- 2014-02-20: Archos 40b Titanium Is Aimed At The Music Lover
- 2014-02-20: Archos 80 Helium 4G Tablet Unveiled
- 2014-02-02: Archos Neon Trio Of Tablets Unveiled
- 2013-03-22: Archos GamePad Now Available In U.S. For $179
- 2013-01-14: Archos GamePad Bound For US This February For $169
- 2012-12-06: Archos GamePad Now Available
- 2012-08-29: Archos GamePad gaming tablet released