AT&T has finally provided a concrete release date for the Galaxy Note 3 as well as the Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Both devices were unveiled earlier this month at the Samsung Unpacked event in Berlin. When it first started taking pre-orders for the Galaxy Note 3, AT&T only said that the release can be expected around October 1st. Through a tweet, the carrier has confirmed that both devices will be available for purchase online and through its retail stores on October 4th.
AT&T’s release date coincides with that of Sprint and beats Verizon’s by almost one week. T-Mobile is said to begin shipping both Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear on October 1st. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 can be purchased from AT&T for $299 up front, coupled with a two year contract. With the AT&T Next plan, the cost comes down to $35 per month. Off contract, the phablet can be purchased for $749.99. Samsung Galaxy Gear is available from AT&T for $299, no contract plans are provided. At this point in time, only the Galaxy Note 3 has the required software support to make it compatible with the smartwatch. Samsung will release a firmware update for older devices in the coming weeks to make the Galaxy Gear compatible with them.RELATED
- Samsung Reportedly Working On 20MP Camera Modules For 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Rumored For MWC 2014 Announcement
- Oppo N1 Will See US Release On 10th December
- Samsung SM-N7505 Listing Spotted Online
- On Device: WhatsApp Overtakes Facebook, Is Leading Mobile Messaging Service Now
- Follow: at&t, galaxy gear, Galaxy Note 3, Samsung,