While Windows Phone users around the world have slowly been getting the Windows Phone GDR2 update, those in the US, especially those tied to carriers, have yet to receive theirs, and AT&T’s Nokia Lumia 920 owners are one of them. Well the good news is that if you’ve been anticipating the update for your phone, according to AT&T, the update should be making its way onto your devices in the coming weeks. This was “confirmed” by an AT&T rep who posted on the carrier’s forum, stating that the update is currently in the final stages of testing, so presumably we won’t have to wait much longer to get our hands on it.
The time frame is admittedly a little vague but we guess it will have to do for now, but hopefully AT&T will not take too long because word has it that the Windows Phone GDR3 is also in the works and could be announced in the near future as well, and we’re pretty sure Lumia 920 owners on AT&T’s network aren’t going to be too happy about it if GDR3 is announced while GDR2 has yet to arrive on their devices. We’ll be keeping our eyes peeled so check back with us at a later date for more updates.
- 2014-01-30: Lumia Black Update Released For AT&T Lumia 920 And 820
- 2014-01-13: Nokia Lumia black Update Sets Its Sights On The Lumia 920
- 2013-12-29: Nokia Lumia 920 Reportedly Jailbroken By Chinese Hackers
- 2013-10-11: AT&T Rolling Out Amber Update For Nokia Lumia 820, 920
- 2013-10-09: AT&T Claims GDR2 And Amber Update Is Ready For Lumia 820 And 920
- 2013-03-28: AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Firmware Update Runs Into Issues
- 2012-12-12: Nokia Lumia 920 is the 4th most purchased phone on AT&T, according to analyst
- 2012-11-20: AT&T to offer Nokia Lumia 920 for $49.99 on contract on Black Friday