The wait is finally over, BBM for iOS has already begun rolling out in certain regions. BlackBerry announced back in May this year that they were finally opening up the once exclusive instant messaging service for the two most widely used platforms in the world. A few days back it said that the apps will be released over this weekend. BBM for iOS is now available in the iTunes App Store. iPad compatibility is not present at launch.
BBM for Android is going to be released this weekend as well, it should start rolling out later today as well. Though only yesterday a working apk file was leaked on the internet. At this point in time the Google Play Store is riddled with as many as eight fake BBM for Android apps, so exercise caution when downloading. It will be better to check online if the official version is available and then use the legitimate Play Store link to download, we’ll have it up for you once the app is released. BBM for iOS is available as a free download from the App Store. It requires iOS 6.0 or later and has been optimized for the iPhone 5. The app weighs in around 30MB.
Next Story: Apple A7 Processor Is Manufactured By Samsung
- 2014-04-04: BBM Stickers Selling Pretty Well On iOS Devices
- 2014-04-01: New BBM Update With Stickers And More Released
- 2014-03-30: BBM For Windows Phone Coming In Q2
- 2014-03-28: BlackBerry Boasts 85 Million Monthly Active BBM Users
- 2014-03-28: BlackBerry Could Consider Bringing BBM To Desktops
- 2014-03-25: BlackBerry Cashes In On BBM With Stickers And Sponsored Posts
- 2014-03-09: Customizable BBM PINs Could Be A Paid Feature