While BlackBerry did originally state that BBM for iOS and Android would be released by the end of the summer, no specific dates were mentioned, although an earlier rumor did suggest a release by the end of this month. Well for those still wondering about the fate of the app, you’ll be pleased to learn that the app has since been submitted to the Apple iTunes App Store, which means that it’s only a matter of time before it is reviewed and thus made available for download.
This was confirmed by BlackBerry’s Senior Strategic Account Manager, Alex Kinsella, who in a tweet confirmed that the app was submitted to Apple about two weeks ago. Assuming that is the case, we’re wondering why it is taking so long for Apple to review and approve the app. Kinsella did not mention anything about a Google Play Store submission, but hopefully the app will be released on both platforms simultaneously. BBM for iOS and Android was recently demoed at the Toronto International Film Festival, so hopefully we will be able to get a release date soon.
- 2014-04-04 BBM Stickers Selling Pretty Well On iOS Devices
- 2014-04-01 New BBM Update With Stickers And More Released
- 2014-03-30 BBM For Windows Phone Coming In Q2
- 2014-03-28 BlackBerry Boasts 85 Million Monthly Active BBM Users
- 2014-03-28 BlackBerry Could Consider Bringing BBM To Desktops
- 2013-10-28 BBM For Android And iOS Will Remain Free
- 2013-10-27 BlackBerry Removes Queue For BBM For iOS And Android
- 2013-10-22 BlackBerry Announces 5 Million Download Milestone For BBM On iOS And Android
- 2013-10-21 BBM For iOS Rises To Number 2 Position On iTunes
- 2013-06-06 BlackBerry Messenger Releasing On iOS, Android June 27