The next generation consoles from both Microsoft and Sony will be released in November. Both companies have announced the release dates, a lot of customers have already got their pre-orders in. If you’re one of those people who just can’t sleep all night knowing that the console you’ve been waiting for is finally out, Best Buy has the answer to your problem. Select Best Buy locations across the U.S. will be open right after midnight on day the consoles are to be released so that customers can finally get their hands on them.
Earlier today Microsoft finally announced the release date of Xbox One. The console comes out on November 22nd, a week after Sony releases the PS4 on November 15th. Select Best Buy stores will open at midnight on both days. Apart from this, Best Buy is also running a promotion on select Xbox One games that customers have bought and have brought in with them the same game’s Xbox 360 version to trade-in. For some of those games, the retailer will offer as much as $40 of in-store credit. This move is likely to boost sales of games that developers are launching on the Xbox One after already launching them on the Xbox 360.
- 2014-04-17: Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2014-03-21: Microsoft Not Fazed By PlayStation 4's Lead Over The Xbox One
- 2014-03-18: PS4 Sales In UK Might Have Surged As Well Last Week
- 2014-03-13: Xbox One Closes In On PS4 In February 2014 NPD Figures