Bing News has received a “modern” makeover. The new layout is built for touch, it puts trending topics from Twitter, Facebook and Bing in the spotlight. Since today’s news is propelled by “likes and tweets,” according to Bing, they’ve refreshed Bing News so that users can stay on top of stuff that they care about. The design is adaptive, meaning that Bing News will automatically adapt to fit the browser of the device being used to access it, be it a tablet, phone or PC. The news carousel at the top showcases latest headlines from categories including U.S., world, local, sports, entertainment, politics and more.
Recent news headlines about a particular personality generating buzz will also be placed in the carousel if a query related to that person is made. The right side of Bing News displays news that is trending on Facebook and Twitter, popularity is judged by the number of likes and tweets they receive. Bing announced the expansion to its Satori technology earlier this year which allows people to view answers at a glance for certain things, places and people. The technology is harnessed in the refreshed Bing News to identify people with trending news, thus allowing users to view people and places related to trending headlines without having to open a new page.
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Updates Bing Windows Phone Apps, Removes "Bing" From Their Titles, Too
- 2014-04-08: Bing Flight Price Predictor Shuts Down
- 2014-03-19: Bing Shows Off Travel Time And Mileage For Driving Directions