With reports about BlackBerry laying off staff and pushing for a sale of the company which they hope will conclude in November this year, it does seem that BlackBerry is on the verge of dying, or is it? No doubt the company is struggling a bit at the moment, but according to a report from the folks at N4BB, it seems that the death of the company might have been greatly exaggerated. According to their sources, BlackBerry still has a couple of tricks up their sleeves in the form of at least four new devices that they plan to launch.
The devices have been given the codenames Cafe/Cappuccino, Windermere, Tigris, and Ontario. Presumably this is in addition to the recently launched BlackBerry Z30, which had been previously given the codename “Aristo”. There’s no telling when BlackBerry will launch said devices, but we’ll definitely be keeping our eyes peeled for more info. What do you guys think? What should these allegedly devices have that will keep customers interested and bring in new BlackBerry users as well? The phablet has been attempted in the form of the Z30, so hopefully these upcoming devices will be just as appealing as well.
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface