The other day we reported that BBM for iOS had finally begun to roll out, but unfortunately if you weren’t quick enough to get the download, you’d now be out of luck as BlackBerry has since halted the rollout of the app. According to BlackBerry, the reason why they have halted the rollout is because of a leaked version of the app which has since caused the folks at BlackBerry a bit of technical difficulties which the company is apparently trying to rectify as we speak.
For those who have already downloaded the app, this is a non-issue as the app can still be used without any problems, but for those looking to download it, you’ll have to wait. Unfortunately BlackBerry has not mentioned as to when we might be able to see the app go back up for download via the iTunes App Store or Google Play, so it looks like we’ll just have to play the waiting game in the meantime. BlackBerry has also stated that this issue has not impacted the BBM service in general, so BBM users will not have to fret. Anyone have any idea as to what the issue might have been?
- 2014-04-04 BBM Stickers Selling Pretty Well On iOS Devices
- 2014-04-01 New BBM Update With Stickers And More Released
- 2014-03-30 BBM For Windows Phone Coming In Q2
- 2014-03-28 BlackBerry Boasts 85 Million Monthly Active BBM Users
- 2014-03-28 BlackBerry Could Consider Bringing BBM To Desktops
- 2014-03-18 Talk2Watch Pro Brings BBM Notifications Onto Pebble
- 2014-03-09 Customizable BBM PINs Could Be A Paid Feature
- 2014-03-06 BBM PINs Could Be Customizable In The Future