If you’re a Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 player who doesn’t play the game on Xbox 360, then you know the feeling of being left out in the fun of a new piece of downloadable content all too well. For years now, Call of Duty players have gotten first dibs on new DLC, leaving PlayStation 3 and PC players in the dust. The latest piece of DLC, called Apocalypse, was made available on the Xbox 360 just a few weeks ago, and it looks like the time in the sun for PlayStation 3 and PC players is coming soon as Activision has announced the final piece of DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will be released on September 26.
If you need a refresher what exactly Apocalypse will include, there will be four multiplayer maps made available through the pack called Pod, Frost, Takeoff and Dig. The full details surrounding each map can be found below our story, so if you’re interested in learning more about them, you can do so by checking them out below.
As you’d expect, a new zombie mode will also be included in Apocalypse, called Origins. The zombie mode is said to be “the most horrifying and imaginative Zombies experience to date” as players will be deployed in a “dieselpunk-stylized” World War I-era France. There, they’ll encounter the return of the four original heroes from the very first Zombies map: Tank, Nokolai, Takeo and Richtofen.
- Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70’s has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.
- Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level traversal strategies to outsmart and ultimately outshoot their enemies.
- Takeoff: Fans of “Stadium” from the original Call of Duty®: Black Ops First Strike DLC will find themselves at home on “Takeoff.” Marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.
- Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favorite “Courtyard” from Call of Duty®: World at War, where two archeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of “Courtyard” with two major chokepoints, a wide open layout and raised platforms, but has provided fans with a fresh take on the multitude of paths.
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-04-16: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Uprising Map Pack Now Available On Xbox 360
- 2013-04-05: Black Ops 2 Uprising DLC Launching On April 16 With New Story-Driven Zombies Adventure
- 2013-04-02: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Next DLC 'Uprising' Releasing On April 16 [Rumor]
- 2013-03-12: Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 Will Microtransaction Xbox 360 Players