The Nokia Lumia 720 smartphone was announced back in February. Its a mid-range Windows Phone 8 device with decent hardware specifications. Rumor has it that the company might be developing a dual SIM version of the Lumia 720. The rumor comes from @evleaks, who has a solid track record with product rumors, he claims that this variant of the Lumia 720 “may be on the way.” At this point in time it is not known exactly when this variant will be released and if it is going to be exclusive to certain markets.
Dual SIM variants of many popular Android smartphones are manufactured, but most of them are sold in select markets only. That’s because there’s demand in those markets, as opposed to Western markets, when majority of the customers don’t opt for smartphones that are capable of running two SIMs simultaneously. The Nokia Lumia 720 has a 4.3 inch IPS ClearBlack WVGA display, a 1GHz dualcore Qualcomm processor with 512MB of RAM, a 2,000mAh battery, 8GB of on-board storage and support for microSD cards. The smartphone also has a six megapixel rear camera and a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera. If a dual-SIM version is being developed, its unlikely that the specs will be bumped, though the price might be nominally higher.
Next Story: Robo-mate Exoskeleton Being Developed In Europe
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-03-24: Next Nokia Firmware Could Be The “Blue” Update
- 2014-03-17: Nokia Lumia 530 aka Nokia Rock Coming (Rumor)
- 2014-03-10: Nokia Lumia 635 Hits The FCC
- 2013-10-21: More Than 8 Million Nokia Lumia Smartphones Sold This Quarter, Says WSJ
- 2013-04-09: T-Mobile Announces Nokia Lumia 521 Again