Apple released iOS 7 today and we’re already seeing a lot of apps being updated. Most of them have been redesigned to complement the new “flat” user interface that iOS 7 touts. Facebook today announced a redesigned version of its iOS app. Facebook’s product manager for iOS, Michael Sharon, says that the app has been completely redesigned to fit nicely within Apple’s new iOS update.
The main navigation bar has now been moved to the bottom, the toolbar that slid out from the left has been removed. Tabs for Friend Requests, Messages, Notifications and News Feed are now located in the new navigation bar at the bottom. There’s also a new “bonus” tab called More, which lets users open other Facebook features such as Photos or Events without losing their place in the other tabs. To move from one tab to another, users can simply swipe across the navigation bar. The updated app will be available to iOS 5 and iOS 6 users as well, though Sharon says that there will be minute style differences between them. The redesigned app is only going to be available for iPhone and iPod touch, Sharon says that Facebook doesn’t have plans to redesign the iPad app since the old design suits tablet users best. Facebook’s updated app will go live in the App Store later today.
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2013-10-03: iOS 7 Accidentally Removes Restrictions And Filters From School iPads
- 2013-09-20: iOS 7 Causes 4-Year-Old Boy To Cry Uncontrollably
- 2013-09-19: Facebook Tested Their New iOS 7 Look Right Under Everyone's Noses
- 2013-06-25: iOS 7 To Bring HDR Photography To The iPad
- 2013-06-17: iOS 7 For iPad Screenshots Reveal Improved Notifications Center, More