Last night marked the official start of the 2013 football season, which means pretty much anyone and everyone that is mildly interested in sports were glued to their television sets. Microsoft knew this, which is why they chose last night as the perfect time to debut the first commercial for its upcoming next-generation console, the Xbox One.
We’re sure many of you are considering picking up the Xbox One as a means to possibly play a video game or two, but last night, Microsoft went for the “all-in-one entertainment” device as they promoted a number of the consoles’ features that had nothing to do with gaming whatsoever. During their 30-second commercial, Microsoft showed a group of people enjoying a football game on their Xbox One, checking out fantasy football while watching the game and launching Skype to chat with a friend who happens to be watching the game on a rooftop somewhere.
After E3, many gamers felt Microsoft was shifting its focus for the Xbox One as an all-in-one set-top box to rule them all, and judging by the console’s first commercial, we can’t help but continue to feel this is the exact direction the company is taking with their console.RELATED
- Microsoft Provides Helpful Tips For Navigating The Xbox One Interface
- GTA Online Content Creator Captured In YouTube Video
- Atlus Reveals Persona 5 With Winter 2014 Release Date For Japan
- Microsoft Highlights Future Xbox One Games In 3-Minute Montage
- Infamous: Second Son Releasing On PlayStation 4 March 21, 2014
- Follow: football, Microsoft, xbox, Xbox One,
- Seen at: youtube