Nissan does seem to be in the news more frequently these days, where we remember how the world stopped for a moment when they announced that they were about to jump aboard the smartwatch bandwagon. Well, we also received word that the self-driving Nissan car has gained its driver’s license in Japan, too, and here we are with more word from Nissan – directed to those living in Texas, USA. Basically, anyone who decides to pick up a Nissan Leaf hatchback in Texas will be able to enjoy a year’s worth of free rapid charges, where this is one strategy which was pioneered by Tesla Motors Inc.
Having said that, you might want to hold off the purchase of your Nissan Leaf until October 1st as that is when this promotion will kick off. From that day onward, anyone who purchases or leases a new Nissan Leaf in Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston will gain unlimited free access to public chargers that are operated by NRG Energy’s eVgo unit. Depending on the customers’ response, they might just opt to expand the service to other markets. Does this appeal to you to pick up a Nissan Leaf after October if you happen to live in Texas?
- 2014-04-17 Nissan Offers Free And Easy Charging For LEAF Cars
- 2014-03-03 Nissan's Smart Rearview Mirror Relies On Cameras
- 2014-03-03 Nissan LEAF Battery Survives Abuse In Video
- 2014-01-27 Nissan ZEOD RC Fuel Engine Might Be Small, But It Has a Fierce Bite
- 2014-01-15 Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-05 Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- 2013-06-04 Nissan LEAF Hits 78,000 Miles And Keeps On Going
- 2013-02-01 DC Fast Chargers To Triple In The US, Thanks To Nissan
- 2012-06-18 Nissan LEAF's battery good enough to power homes