Samsung is going to unveil its new smartwatch tomorrow, the company has already confirmed that. It will be called Galaxy Gear. Over the weekend we saw alleged images of the device surface online, though yesterday it was reported that the unit we saw wasn’t actually the final version. Samsung is reportedly going to show a much more polished and refined smartwatch at its event tomorrow. There is no official information available as yet regarding the Galaxy Gear’s price. According to Russian analyst Eldar Murtazin, it might be too expensive.
Murtazin hasn’t exactly revealed the price, but he tweeted that customers won’t buy the smartwatch “for that price.” Other analysts suggest that Galaxy Gear might be priced around $300, it is expected to go on sale before Christmas. Murtazin’s predictions can be hit or miss, he predicted almost a year and a half ago that Microsoft will buy Nokia’s core phone business, the sale was officially announced today. He also recently predicted that Samsung’s Tizen OS was almost dead, however the company has issued statements on the contrary. It has started a new Tizen app development challenge, the new Tizen device is expected to be released next month and the OS is also said to be the main focus of Samsung’s first ever developers conference.
Next Story: GTA 5 Bravado Banshee Gets Real Life Treatment
- 2014-04-13: Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-09: iFixit: Samsung Gear 2 Battery Easily Replaced
- 2014-04-09: iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: LG G Watch Pegged For July Release, Priced At £180
- 2014-04-08: Apple iWatch Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-16: AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2014-02-10: Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Be Priced Lower Than iWatch
- 2013-09-05: Over 70 Apps Promised For Samsung Galaxy Gear