GameStick has had quite the ride as reached its $100,000 goal earlier at the start of this year, and since then, has been hit with delay after delay leaving many of its backers to believe they won’t live long enough to see the product become available. Just last month, PlayJam announced its Android-powered video game console would be releasing on September 30, and today, we’re hearing it’s now expected to ship out in October.
PlayJam is now saying October 29 is the day you should be looking forward to if you want to get your hands on the GameStick as that is when it’ll launch globally, selling for a retail price of $79.99. When PlayJam says “globally,” they really mean in the U.S. and U.K. with those in the rest of Europe, Canada and the Middle East expected to get their GameStick “prior to the end of the year holiday season.”
Considering how many times PlayJam has delayed its GameStick, we wouldn’t blame you if you penciled in its current release date just to make sure you can erase it once again when the company announces another delay next month. Meanwhile, if you’re dying to play Android games on a console, the Ouya has been available at retail since the beginning of the sumer.
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2013-11-11: GameStick Release Date Pushed Back To November 15
- 2013-09-27: GameStick Hits The FCC At Last
- 2013-09-12: GameStick Release Delayed Yet Again To October 29
- 2013-08-29: GameStick Expected To Ship Out In September
- 2013-06-18: GameStick pushed back a month, first units should ship in August
- 2013-04-08: GameStick Kickstarter Units Delayed To June
- 2013-02-15: GameStick Pre-Orders Now Available For $79