The folks at RatedRR have gone through several different phones in the course of their videos, basically seeing how “durable” phones are when they are shot with a gun. Naturally no phone is able to withstand being shot at directly by a high calibre rifle, but it’s still somewhat entertaining to watch, especially if you’re into senseless gadget destruction (like the “Will It Blend?” series of YouTube videos). In any case the folks at RatedRR are back and this time they are putting Apple’s latest and greatest smartphone, the iPhone 5s, to the test.
In fact this time round, the folks at RatedRR have gone one step further and filmed part of the proceedings through Google Glass, giving us a first-person’s perspective. Unsurprisingly the iPhone 5s did not survive the shot and was destroyed in the process. It’s somewhat of a pity given that the phone is currently experiencing shipping delays due to it being out of stock, to the point where it even managed to fetch $10,000 in an auction before the transaction was cancelled at the last minute. If you’d like to see the video through Google Glass, check it out above, and if you’d like to see the phone get shot at in slow-motion, check out the video below to see it in action!
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-04: Apple's M7 Continues To Track Even When Battery Is Dead