Do you have a penchant for all things gold? If you have answered in the affirmative, then you might be pleased to hear that the recently available iPhone 5s has done pretty well for itself where the gold colored model is concerned, with units selling anywhere from $900 to $1,500 online. The final sticker price, of course, depends largely on the capacity as well as unlocked status of the device, but a brand new record was set on eBay as a 16GB unlocked GSM gold iPhone 5s actually hit a whopping $10,100 mark, although the seller has since cancelled the transaction.
This is rather nice on the seller’s part, as the seller contacted the buyer upon discovering the $10,100 mark being hit, touting that it “looks like the buyer did [the bid] by mistake.” Of course, the seller will be sending out a “second chance” message so that the next-highest bidder, who happens to hover somewhere in the region of the $2,500 mark, will be able to have a chance to own the device. Hopefully, Apple will be able to do something about the supply issue when it comes to the gold colored model of the iPhone 5s. I still find it crazy that folks just can’t wait for a restock in the supply…
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind